[06.) PAPERCRAFT OBJECTS: DIGITAL SAMPLES]: Thing

    For this week, we had to tinker with Rhino and create 3D models of any objects we would like. When doing this project, I found inspiration from the items in my purse as well as what was on my work desk I have set up at home. I had a lot of technical complications with this project I found- I was having a hard time getting the planes to lie flat for some reason, and when I 3D rotated them they just would not lie flat. I am under the impression these are planar surfaces too- so I wasn't quite sure why this was happening. Either way, I have 8 separate parts for both items and for time's sake I need to submit this and diagnose the problem in next class. 

Object1- Puffer



Just my puffer I have in my purse. This was broken into three separate pieces- this one specifically was pretty straightforward, and UnrollSrf sufficed pretty well with this one. However, the next one posed a lot of issues for me because of its complexity. 


Object 2- Table Lamp




    This one gave me SUCH A HEADACHE TO DO, and I know there are a lot of things wrong with it. There are 9 different pieces for this one. The smaller pieces absolutely killed me, and for some reason look the way the last photo is. I also found these ones, despite being what I believe are solids would not boolean union together. The lamp itself looks fantastic when modelled and pieced together, but if I were to print this out it would be a bloody mess. 

They also would not join together too. I really need to figure out why this is the case prior to moving on to the next project. I think I know what work I have cut out for me. 

    Either way, I had so much fun with this Software and I really like it in particular. I loved learning about it and can't wait to work with it some more, regardless of how much I died doing this and all that is wrong with it. I appreciate the efficiency of it and how intelligent the software is. 








Comments